TEAM ROCKFORD RIDER EXPECTATION AGREEMENT
All Team RockfordOwenhouseMembers agree to:
1. Treat other TRC members and cyclists (independent or from other cycling clubs) with respect at all times while
practicing good sportspersonship and acting professionally. This includes promoting, fostering, and engaging in a
learning/educational environment in a positive and effective fashion.
2. Show and express appreciation towards the team sponsors, at all times among each other and to the public at
large. This includes using sponsor products unless no other option is available (bikes excepted); refraining from an
even slightly negative comment of any nature, whether in a private or public situation; and wearing a team kit in
all races and group rides to represent cycling in a positive fashion at all times.
3. Volunteer. Each team member is expected to take on specific volunteer work that contributes to the running of
the team, meeting the team goals, promoting bicycle advocacy in the community, etc. This includes, but is not
limited to, representing the team in a larger organization (CCMS, GVBC, MBRA, BABAB, etc.), helping put on a race
TRC hosts, clothing orders, sponsorship, team management, etc. Regular race-day volunteering required as part of
the CCMS or CCMCXS does not count toward this commitment.
4. Exercise self-control and refrain from any unacceptable behavior that would reflect poorly on the team or cycling
in general. This includes, but is not limited to:
a. Physical abuse to any person while riding or at an event
b. Use of foul language towards any person while riding or at an event
c. Obscene gestures directed to any persons while riding or at an event
d. Making disparaging remarks regarding other members, the organization, management, or sponsors
e. Malicious actions on the bike toward any persons
5. Show that it is a privilege to represent TRC. Show good sportsmanship by winning with humility and losing with
dignity. Respect the decisions of officials and other authority without gesture or argument.
6. Recognize and applaud honesty and wholeheartedly support the efforts of teammates or opponents regardless of
gender, color, creed, or race.
7. Obey all traffic regulations as enforced by all relevant local authorities while on individual or group training rides or
as instructed during sanctioned races. This is to ensure my safety and the safety of others. Also, as a TRC member, I
am conscious of my role as an ambassador to the non-cycling and recreational cycling communities and I recognize
that traffic law violations can be extremely detrimental to the team and the teams sponsors and may result in the
revocation of all sponsorship benefits for the entire team.
All members demonstrating a manifest unwillingness to meet the above expectations will be subject to suspension or
membership revocation from the TRC.
As a member of TRC, I acknowledge that I have read and understand this agreement. By signing below, I further acknowledge that
I agree to abide by this agreement, commit to a volunteer position, and that my membership is contingent upon this understanding.
PLEASE DOWNLOAD THIS PDF, SIGN, AND RETURN TO THE TEAM CAPTAIN.